Linköping University Summer Academy
28 June - 27 July, 2019
A four-week credit-bearing programme in Linköping, Sweden – Scandinavia
In 2016, Linköping University (LiU) launched its first International Summer Academy. About 90% of the students who participated in the 2018 student survey stated they would recommend the LiU Summer Academy to fellow students.
This experience gives international students an opportunity to study abroad for one month. They have several high-quality courses to choose from and will gain cultural insights together with other international students from all over the world. All courses are taught in English and are full-time.
Linköping in southern Sweden is one of Sweden’s fastest growing cities, with approximately 150,000 inhabitants. High world-class technology, an innovative university and lively trade characterise the city. Linköping’s industry, municipality and the university collaborate closely. Linköping is situated in an inviting landscape of beautiful natural surroundings, and here history and tradition meet creativity and innovation.
All courses are at Bachelor’s level, full-time and worth 7.5 ECTS
- Entrepreneurship and Knowledge Implementation for Improved Health Care
- Exploring Sweden, the Anthropological Way
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship in a Swedish Context
- Leadership and Organisational Behaviour in Contemporary Organisations
- Nanotechnology - Sustainable Challenges and Social Impact
- The Use (and Abuse) of Culture
Application: 1 February - 18 March, 2019
- Cost for student: accommodation package: SEK 5,500 for one month. This includes a single private student room with shared kitchen, bed linen, internet access (with cable), bus card, access to sports facilities and one final exit cleaning.
- Course dates: 1 July - 26 July on site (some courses have preparatory exercises before arrival in Sweden).
- Entry requirements: To meet the general entry requirements, students must have completed 1 year full-time studies (passed 60 ECTS credits or equivalent) from one of Linköping University’s partner universities. (In order for the student’s application to be processed, all required documents must be submitted and the entry requirements must be fulfilled upon application in March.)
- Exchange quota: The quota of LiU Summer Academy places to semester places is 4:1.
- Format: Different for each course. Lectures, workshops, seminars, PBL, laboratory exercises and field trips. Some preparatory work is required from the students before their arrival in Linköping. Note that the Courses are full-time, i.e. 40 hours per week of either in-class sessions, lab-time, excursions and/or self-studies are required.
- Language: All courses are in English and partner universities can nominate students with a good command of English (We expect the students to have at least English level B2).
- Maximum number of students per partner: All partner universities are welcome to nominate a maximum of five students per course. Please observe that we have a limited number of student places per course and that we cannot guarantee that all the nominated students will be offered a place. Students from partner universities with whom we would like to improve the balance for incoming and outgoing student exchange are prioritised.
- Selection: We aim for a good mix of students, and selection is therefore based on the principle of achieving a multicultural classroom.
- Study tours: Stockholm and Vadstena at the students’ own expense.
- Teacher-student contact hours: Different for each course.
- Tuition fee: No tuition fees. Courses are only eligible for students from LiU’s partner universities.
- Website: www.liu.se/utbildning/summeracademy
Poster with information for downloading: LiU Summer Academy 2019
Last updated: Fri Mar 15 08:43:38 CET 2019