This is a short list of our most frequently asked questions. We will update this list continuously with new incoming questions.
1) What are the entry requirements?
To meet the general entry requirements, students must have completed 1 year full-time studies (passed 60 ECTS credits or equivalent) from one of Linköping University’s partner universities. In order for the student’s application to be processed, all required documents must be submitted. The entry requirements must be fulfilled at the latest by 25 March, 2019 after which no uploaded supporting documents are accepted.
2) Do I need to submit a proof of English level?
No, you do not have to submit proof of your English level. However, nominated students should have a good command of English in listening, speaking, reading and writing in order to be able to successfully participate in the courses. We expect the students to have at least English level B2.
3) Can students participate if they do not need the credits?
We expect all participating students to finish their Summer Academy courses and take their exams. Students who complete the Summer Academy programme and exams will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
4) Do you have more information about the contact hours?
More information can be found here. Please note that all courses are full-time, and students are expected to put in 40 hours of study work per week, regardless of the number of hours in the classroom, laboratories or excursions.
5) Do you have more information about the assessment?
More information will be published here later in spring 2019.
6) Is the student accommodation available before 28 June (13:00) or after 27 July (12:00)?
It is important that you note that accommodation is only available via the university between 28 June (from 13:00) and 27 July (until 12:00). If you intend to spend time in Sweden before or after these dates you need to arrange accommodation on your own during those days.
7) Can I share a dorm room with another student?
We can offer a number of small apartments that you can share with another student (same accommodation package price 5500 SEK). This can be requested in the form on additional information that you will filled out after being accepted to the Summer Academy.
8) What time is the Summer Academy office open on the arrival day?
The office will be open extra hours on 28 June, from 13:00 until 20:00.
9) What if I cannot arrive on arrival day?
Students who arrive outside of the official office hours need to inform us via email of their arrival date and time and we will let them know how we can assist. Students arriving earlier than 28 June, need to arrange for accommodation on their own for those days. Students arriving after office hours on 28 June need to arrange for accommodation for the night. The LiU summer Academy hosts will be able to help you with the keys on 29-30 June between 9 am and 5 pm.
10) What if I need to check out of my room earlier than the official departure day?
Please inform us via email and your teachers, if you intend to check out before the official day of departure (Saturday 27 July) so we can arrange for your check-out. Please also note, there is no drop off service provided by Linköping University on the departure day. Check out is between 08.00-12.00 on 27 July.
11) Do I need to bring my own computer?
We expect the students to bring their own computer. There will however be some computers available in the computer lab during day time.
12) I have a disability; what assistance will I be offered?
Students with disabilities are advised to contact the Summer Academy office and read the information on the LiU website. Make contact as early as possible if you will be needing any educational support.
13) I have made my payment, will I receive a confirmation?
We will check all the incoming payments in May 2019 and send confirmations to all the students.
14) When will I receive more information about my accommodation?
More information about which type of accommodation is allocated to you will be presented when you arrive. Should you need to know before that send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
15) Where do I find the Student Host office?
The adress of the Student Host office is: Alsättersgatan 38, Linköping
16) Do I need to bring bed sheet, pillow, bed linen?
If you have booked and paid for the Accommodation package, bed linen, sheets, pillow and towel will be provided for you.
17) Does the SIM card include both 3G data and calls & messages or only calls and messages?
No, the SIM card you receive will not be topped-up funds, hence this has to be completed by you once you arrive. When you top-up the card, you can select from several plans and choose one that suits you the best.
18) Is there a document that answers all my questions about my stay in Linköping?
We have prepared a LiU Summer Academy Survival Guide for you, a document that hopefully answers many of your questions!
19) Where can I get my Transcript of Records?
Last updated: Thu Jan 10 13:34:34 CET 2019