Epidemiology, 5 credits
Epidemiologi, 5 hp
Time: Next course is planned for spring 2020
Number of students: 15 - 25
- By the end of the course the students will be able to:
- Describe and explain methods for measuring health outcomes and risks in populations.
- Display ability to plan, discuss and evaluate the conduct of an epidemiological study.
- Discuss the application of epidemiological methods in different contexts.
Theoretical aspects on epidemiological methods, study design, statistics, causality and validity. Practical epidemiological applications with regard to design, analysis and evaluation of studies on specific topics will be covered through lectures as well as group discussions among the students and of their individual research.
Lectures, practical tasks, discussions and seminars.
Individual written report and oral group presentation.
Students who have failed the course or part of the course twice are entitled to request another examiner for the following examination occasion.
Admitted to education at research level (PhD-studies).
PhD students are admitted according to the following priority order:
1. PhD students registred at the Faculty of Health Sciences
2. PhD students registred at other faculties within Linköping University
3. PhD students registred at other universities
Participation in the course of other students than above is only possible if there are fewer applicants from the above groups than students to be admitted.
Pass or Fail.
Planning and implementation of the course shall be carried out on the basis of the wording in this course plan. The evaluation of the course should therefore consider the question how well the course agrees with the course plan. Written evaluation will be arranged at a scheduled time at the end of the course.
At the student's request, course certificate may be issued by the organiser.
The course organiser will provide a list of relevant literature before the start of the course.
If the course is withdrawn, or is subject to major changes, examinations according to this course plan are normally offered on a total of at least three occasions within one year, one of them in close connection with the first examination.
The course is normally given in English.
Senast uppdaterad: Tue Mar 05 14:52:32 CET 2019