Previous news published in the laboratory safety manual
2021-03-02: Information on EU regulation regarding chemicals regardes as selling explosives precursors, see more information in the section on Permits, reporting and limitations
2021-02-01: If a employee or student are exposed to or infected by the new coronavirus causing covid-19 in conjunction with work or studies at LiU, this must be reoprted immediately as a seroius incident to the Swedish work environment authority. More information in the section Emergencies, accidents and incidents.
2021-02-01:The inventory period 2021 is open from 25 January to 30 April 2021. Inventory of chemical products needs to be carried out despite the pandemic and the inventory period is extended compared with previous years for it to be performed in line with the restrictions in force to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 virus. We encourage you to follow the information on restrictions at the LiU Corona virus webpage for updates. More information in section KLARA, the chemical managment system.
2020-05-06: Updated information regarding medical check-ups when working with infectious agents, see link here.
2020-04-06: New guidelines regarding handling body fluids and human tissue during the covid-19 pandemic, read more in the Biosafety section.
2020-01-15: Updated information regarding notification of work with or storage of infectious agents, read more in section about Biosafety.
2019-12-18: Education "Fire protection training for LiU employees" is now available for spring 2020, one education will be in English.
2019-12-18 ducation "Fire protection training for LiU employees working in laboratories" is now available for spring 2020 in Swedish.
2018-08-20: Amendment, up-dated URL for LiU's employees
2018-08-13: Amendment, URL for RÖ's employees and up-dated URL for LiU's employees
2018-06-08: New contacts for service, purchases and report an error etc. in the region of Östergötland and LiU's employees working within Region Östergötland or at campus US.
From 2018-06-01, FIXA is instead called CVU Direct, and will give support regarding property, service and purchasing (as before). References in the Laboratory Safety Manual have been updated.
CVU Direkt - customer support and service
phone: +46 10-10 36 000 (or via the County Council switchboard at +46(0)101030000)
URL för LiU's employees working within Region Östergötland or working at campus US: Vårdgivarwebb (in Swedish, complete URL is https://vardgivarwebb.regionostergotland.se/Startsida/Verksamheter/FM-centrum/FM-Portalen-externt/)
URL för RÖ's employees: stodservice.lio.se
2018-06-08: Information regarding medical check-ups is available in English under the section on Safe laboratory environment
2018-02-16: The excemption for certain uses of mercury, mercury compounds and preparation has been prologned and the prevoiously required documentaion no longer applies. Also new substances are classified as narcotics and goods hazardous to health (hälsofarliga varor) see the section Chemical handling, Permit & reporting
2018-02-15: Material from the seminar Working safely in the lab held Feb 7th 2018 at campus US is now available for download. You can also download the presentation regarding protective gloves in the lab, held by a product specialist from Kimberly-Clarke held Feb 7th 2018 at campus US and Feb 8th at campus Valla. These presentations will be availalable for download for a limited time.
More information on pretoective equipment and preotective glovs are found in the section Chemical handling, Personal protective equipment, for example how to find out if and how long a protective glove prevents a certain chemical from reaching the skin - use information from the manufacturers!
2018-02-01: Updated template (form) for risk assessment of biological agents (not GMM), see section about Risk assessment
2017-12-19: Up-dated information regarding inventory of chemical products during Jan-Feb 2018, see KLARA, the chemicals management system.
2017-12-19: up-dated information regarding rrequiremsnts on re-labelling of chemical product, see Labelling of chemicals.
2017-12-19: up-dated contact information for Coordinator Fire Safety at LiU, see the right column at Fire precautions
2016-10-04: Seminar on laboratory safety at campus US.
It was possible to download a pdf-version of the presentatio for some time after the presentation.
2016-08-26: ISS has replaced Coor service as Caretaker (Vaktmästeri) at campus US and Region Östergötland, see pages on Laboratory waste.
2016-06-28: A summary of approved boxes, vessels etc for laboratory waste and hazardous waste that are available in LiU-inköp (the purchasing system). The summary is available in Swedish in the right column on Laboratory waste.
During June 2016 some forms in the Laboaratory safety manual have been replaced with new versions, due to the changed logotype for Linkoping Univeristy.
- 2016-05-24: Information about Occupational exposure limit values and a new provision in see Permits and reporting.
- 2016-05-20: Changes in the layout of the database 'lagbevakningstjänst' and the name changed from Askengren & Co, to RSM&CO. information in Swedish at Lagbevakning.
- 2016-05-17: the routine for removal of infectious waste and GMM waste is now translated into English - see Laboratory waste.
- 2016-03-29: the SAMS webbsida is now available. Here you will find information regarding the working groups within the agreement and the names of the contacts.
- 2016-03-11: in the section on Emergencies, accidents and First Aid information on new telephone numbers to be used in case of cardiac arrest and need for Automated External Defibrillators (AED).
- 2016-03-04: Updated routine for removal of infectious and GMM waste at the University Hospital Campus, see Laboratory waste.
- 2016-03-04: Updated routine for stick, cut and splash injuries if risk for infection. Read more in Emergiencies and accidents, in the Biosafety section. Routine was updated September 2015)
- 2016-02-29: during January-April 2016 the pages regarding chemical waste and laboratory waste are being updated.
- 2016-02-04: new version of the provision LVFS 2011:10 from the Medical Products Agency, stating wich substances are regarded as narcotics, see the pages on Permits and reporting for more inforation and links.
- 2015-11-17: Up-dated links to the Swedish Chemicals Agency
- 2015-09-30: Up-dated links to the Swedish Work Environment authority.
- 2015-09-30: Clarification regarding labelling of pipelines (in Swedish).
- 2015-06-11: New legislation regarding transportation of hazardous goods, affects hoe hazardous waste is classified and packed. More inforation on the pages in tha manual regarding Hazardous waste.
- 2015-05-25: New legislation regarding labelling of chemicals, pipelines and storage of chemicals (according to CLP-classification system), see "märkning och skyltning" (in Swedish).
- 2015-02-10: An inventory of biological agents risk group 2 and higher, and GMM, is now being carried out within LiU and Region Östergötland.
- 2015-01-21: County council of Östergötland (LiÖ) changed to Region Östergötland, contacts are also up-dated accordingly.
- 2015-01-19: Information on how to handle laboratory waste and chemical waste at LiU and to some extent Region Östergötland.
Last updated: 2022-01-03