Selected articles on well posed problems and numerical approximation/
Valda artiklar om välställdhet och numerisk approximation
Number of credits: 5 hp
Examiner: Jan Nordström
Course literature: The underlined articles in the attached file.
The topics covered will be:
- Well-posedness of initial boundary value problems (4 articles, no: 5,22,60, 69)
- Standard SBP-SAT techniques (6 articles, no: 8,19,21,27,64,71)
- Interfaces + boundary conditions (3 articles, no: 17,48,52)
- Special features/stability/Laplace technique (3 articles, no: 25,31,33)
- Duality (3 articles, no: 55,62,68)
- Multi-physics (2 articles, no: 49,46)
- Finite Volume+Hybrid methods (3 articles, no: 16,29,30)
Organisation: Reading course.
Examination: For an approved course the student has to:
- Take the main responability for three designed articles.
- Make a revision of each article assigned, point out strength, weaknesses and future improvements. At least two pages of a nice latex pdf must be delivered.
- Make a 10 min presentation of the article, and point out strength, weaknesses and future improvements.
- Read all articles, and be an active part of the audience, i.e. pose at least one question.
Last updated: 2014-11-03