The NSSS goals and purpose
In Lapeenranta 2005 some of the music directors of the choirs decided to propose some goals for upcoming summits. Therefore the purpose document below was created.
The NSSS purpose is to gather Nordic and Baltic academic choirs in forms of friendship and joy and events of high musical and social quality. NSSS is arranged every third year by local arrangers.
- At NSSS the well-being of the choruses and the choristers is the most essential issue. All activities shall promote the choirs and the choral music. The choruses’ or choristers’ positive experiences of the event must never be ignored by interests of practical or economical nature.
- At NSSS some of the very best Nordic and Baltic choirs are gathered. Therefore the music work should be progressive and of good quality.
- At NSSS choirs with distinct traditions are gathered. The music work should therefore pay respect and attention to those.
- At NSSS mixed, male and female choruses are gathered. The joint repertoire therefore should consist of music for all these kinds of choirs.
- Sheet music to be distributed should be shipped before October the year before the NSSS.
The music directors can be invited to a meeting in the host country two years before the summit. At this meeting the music content will be discussed and planned.
- Maintain good voice hygiene, through daily warm-ups and good acoustics in the concert halls.
- Inform guest conductors, musicians and lecturers about the NSSS purpose so that no misunderstandings prevail.
- Inform the participants in due time about which standard repertoire is to be used during ceremonies and parties so that the choirs are given a chance to prepare it.
Senast uppdaterad: Tue Aug 21 14:47:35 CEST 2012