Announcement LiU Cancer research grants 2020
A major goal for LiU Cancer is to encourage researchers at Linköping University to apply for and hold more excellent grants in the cancer area.
By this grant slot, we want to recognize and further support excellent cancer research at LiU. Active participation (poster, oral) in the LiU Cancer Retreat of 2018 for at least one co-applicant is required to be eligible for this grant. Reports from previous grants from LiU Cancer and progress reports of ongoing projects are requirements for further funding.
We encourage novel collaborative projects and constellations as well as continuation of successful projects previously supported by LiU Cancer. LiU Cancer supports projects which involves PIs (docent or above) from two or more research areas within LiU. The applications will be ranked based on novelty, scientific value and cancer relevance.
Preferably at least one of the applicants should have ongoing excellence grants recognized by LiU: Cancerfonden, EU-kommissionen, EU:s forsknings- och utvecklingsprogram, Formas, Forte, Hjärt-Lungfonden, KA Wallenbergs stiftelse, National Institute of Health, Riksbankens jubileumsfond (RJF), Stiftelsen för Strategisk Forskning, and Vetenskapsrådet. In addition to these, we will also recognize grants from Vinnova and Barncancerfonden. The applications will be evaluated based on their relevance for cancer research.
For applications, the following material is required
- Title page: name and affiliation of project participants. The main applicant must be a senior scientist at LiU (docent or professor)
- Project plan: max three pages + max one page of references. Describe project and aim and how a grant from LiU Cancer will be used to reach these aims
- Letter of motivation (max 2 pages), including descriptions of:
- the cancer relevance of your research if not evident from the project plan
- your past and current participation in LiU Cancer activities
- ongoing research activities within the LiU Cancer Research network
- If any participant has received previous research support from LiU-Cancer a progress report should be included.
- If any participant has received or plans to apply for research support from any other strategic research area at LiU this should be reported and a motivation of why LiU-Cancer should support the project has to be included.
- Short CVs: max 3 pages per co-applicant including:
- List of publications: past 5 years only
- List of manuscripts: only those of relevance to cancer; motivate
Please compile the requested application material into one single pdf file, and send by email to Chatarina Malm, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for application February 29th, 2020
Last updated: 2020-01-10