Course Design and Implementation
Course at advanced level, Higher Education
This is one of the prerequisite courses that are required for employment at LiU as a lecturer. It focuses on developing the skills required to be an effective course coordinator and examiner. We recommend that you complete the course Developments in Teaching and Learning (DAL), its predecessor Learning and Knowledge (LOK), or an equivalent, before registering for this course.
To a large degree, teaching ability is developed by increasing the ability to plan and organise courses that actively support student learning. The focus of this course ranges from how to formulate and design course learning goals and how to select and implement appropriate teaching and learning activities, to the different forms of examination, feedback and evaluation that can be utilised. The course is based on current pedagogical research techniques, and uses management and policy documents as well as drawing extensively on the participants' own experiences. The goal is to increase the awareness of the participants own pedagogical approach and how it can be developed. The course is taught and implemented in both a physical and digital learning environment.
- Total 160 hours, ie. four week full-time studies, of which approximately one-third is time spent on attending course days. The remaining time allocation is on independent work.
- It is an advantage, but not an absolute requirement, to be teaching on, or ideally be responsible for, a current course running at the University.
- Attendance and active participation are expected from the course participant.
To observe in connection with registration
- The course can be fully booked before application deadline
- If too few participants, the course can be canceled
- If cancellation is made after application deadline (which normally is one month before the course starts) without extraordinary reasons, Didacticum will charge the applicants department/unit with 2000 SEK
The course is held online.
Course days: Next course autumn 2021
Course leader: Dominic Wright, email@example.com
Application deadline: August 7, 2020
Monika Samuelsson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Charge: SEK 5 500
Room: Didacticum, Student house, plan 5, Campus Valla
Senast uppdaterad: 2020-10-27