Becoming a teacher in Higher Education
Course in Higher Education
The course is one of the required courses in teaching and course design that are prerequisites for the being employed at Linköping University (LiU). It is primarily aimed at those who have relatively little to moderate teaching experience, however more experienced participants that wish to obtain new perspectives on teaching are also welcome.
The course aims to foster professional development within higher education. A central theme of the course is how teachers can support student learning in both physical and digital learning environments within the legal framework that governs higher education. The course takes the participants’ individual experiences and teaching practices as a starting point. Participants are given the opportunity to relate their own teaching practices to theories of knowledge and learning and pedagogical principles. An educational merit portfolio is introduced in the course
Prerequisites: A bachelor’s degree
See further for Syllabus
- 160 hours of working hours
- Attendance during course days is compulsory
- Between course days, individual tasks and activities are completed and subsequently presented and discussed during specific seminars.
In connection with the course registration, participants are expected to:
- Consider carefully whether they will have sufficient opportunities for both participation and completion of the course in regards to other commitments and duties
- Ensure that they have teaching assignments (learning activities) during the course, as one important element of the course requires the attentdance and discussion of other participants lectures or other teaching activities.
- The course is given online via Zoom
TO NOTE WITH REGARD TO THE NOTIFICATION
- The course can be fully booked before the closing date
- In the case of too few reports, the course may be set
- If canceled after the last registration date, approximately 1 month before the start of the course, without special reasons, Didacticum will charge the participant's ordering unit with SEK 2,000
Course days: January 13, February 2, February 22, March 15, April 15, May 10, June 3, 2021
Course leader: Hossein Nadali Najafabadi, firstname.lastname@example.org
December 12, 2020
Monika Samuelsson, email@example.com
Charge: SEK 5 500
Senast uppdaterad: 2020-10-27