Planning for Studenthuset and D Building
University Director Kent Waltersson and University Architect Karolina Ganhammar were met by a packed house in Key1 when they presented an overview of how work on D Building and the new student building Studenthus Valla is progressing.
More informational meetings will be held in the beginning of next year.
Here’s how the schedule for the project looks:
- Information to the University Board 9 December, decision by the Board 16 February.
- 3 user meetings per department/function per building (phase 1)
1st meeting in December, all departments booked in
2nd meeting, end of January
3rd meeting February – March
- 3 user meetings per department/function Studenthus Valla, spring 2015
- Renovation D Building phase 1: November 2015 – June 2016
- Move into D Building and vacating Origo – August 2016
- Demolition Origo September 2016 – November 2016
- Construction of Studenthus Valla December 2016 – September 2018.
- Move into Studenthus Valla start September 2018
- Construction D Building phase 2: October 2018 – April 2019
- Modification Zenit October 2018 – February 2019
Phase 1, anticipated move into D Building after summer 2016, comprises:
- Human Resources Division
- Finance Division
- Legal Division
- University Services Office
- University Management
Phase 2, moving into ‘D’ Building in 2019, comprises:
- IT Division
- Communications and Marketing Division
- Properties Division
- Faculty Offices
- Internal Audit
The new Studenthus Valla, completed in September 2018, will house:
- Student Services (The Student Health Care Centre, Admissions, Degree Administration, Study Administrative Office, Student Information and Advice Office)
- International Office
The rebuilt Zenit, completed in February 2019, will house:
- Innovation Office/LiU Holding
- Career Centre
- Grants Office
- See presentation material from the informational meeting. (PDF in Swedish)
This includes drawings of the distribution of the various departments which will be housed in D Building.
Last updated: 2014-12-03